Wasysym Electrical Symbols in Latex

A works, but \tilde{A} doesn't.In summary, the conversation discusses the use of symbols in LATEX and difficulties in getting them to appear correctly on the forum. It is recommended to install the wasysym package and include it in the document to access a wider range of symbols. However, not all symbols may be supported on the forum.
issacnewton
Hi

I was reading The Comprehensive LATEX Symbol List which is available at
http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf

On page 70 , in Table 215, they have given wasysym Electrical and Physical Symbols. I tried to insert
one symbol here on this forum, but it doesn't get the symbol. For example, the tilde looking symbol is given by \AC, but when I write it here , it looks like this [itex]\AC[/itex]

So how can we get the symbols given here.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
As it's written in book that you referred to, you have to install (if you don't have already) wasysym package and include at start of your document (\usepackage{wasysym}).

The forum doesn't have all symbols. This is supposedly the list of supported commands (see here for reference), but I've noted that \tilde doesn't work, [itex]\tilde[/itex]

What are Wasysym Electrical Symbols in Latex?

Wasysym Electrical Symbols is a package in Latex that provides a collection of symbols commonly used in electrical diagrams and circuits.

How do I use Wasysym Electrical Symbols in Latex?

To use Wasysym Electrical Symbols, you will need to first include the package in your Latex document by using the command \usepackage{wasysym}. Then, you can use the symbols in your document by typing their respective command, such as \euro for the euro symbol.

What symbols are included in Wasysym Electrical Symbols?

Some of the symbols included in Wasysym Electrical Symbols are electrical components such as resistors, capacitors, and diodes, as well as symbols for power sources, switches, and wires.

Can I customize the size and color of the symbols in Wasysym Electrical Symbols?

Yes, you can customize the size and color of the symbols by using the appropriate Latex commands for font size and color. You can also adjust the overall size of the symbols by using the scale option when including the package.

Are there any other packages in Latex that provide electrical symbols?

Yes, there are other packages such as CircuiTikz and TikZ-cd that also provide electrical symbols. However, Wasysym Electrical Symbols is a popular and widely used package due to its simplicity and comprehensive collection of symbols.