• Start date
Evo
Mentor
Well, I know who I blame.

I need a drink now.

Evo
Mentor
:rofl:

I never really got into House. The character seems too much of a knock-off of that one on SCRUBS that's almost always right about the diagnosis, and gives all the residents a hard time and sounds like he doesn't care but really does with his sarcasm. If the character was toned down just a bit, and didn't have such a gad-awful scratchy voice, I might have gotten more into it (I can suspend disbelief enough to not care the medicine side of it would often qualify as malpractice in real life).
Oh no, there is NO comparison! The scrubs guy is just a bit arrogant, and not that smart.

House is a freaking GENIUS! And is grumpy due to the constant pain he's in.

Mk
House is a knock off from Scrubs?

:grumpy:

I didn't watch the season finale yet, I have it on tape and I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

Every time she asked "what's my necklace made out of?" I was yelling the answer at him. :redface:
So was everybody else I was watching it with! I thought he was just being a smartass by not cooperating, but I guess it turned out he didn't know for a little bit.

House is my favorite show on TV.

Danger
Gold Member
I think he means that the character was from manchester so her "manchester accent" is fake.
That makes sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I personally can't watch House, the last few times I did watch it (while ago) the dialogue was just driving me crazy.

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
House season finale TONIGHT!!!
We're a couple of shows behind here in the UK :grumpy:

I think we're only up to show nine.

Is the guys name actually house? He seems to confident in everything, as if he already knows what's going to happen.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Is the guys name actually house?
Yes - although he should be called houseS
He can tell everything about a patient from observing them in detail and he lives in flat 221B!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is the guys name actually house? He seems to confident in everything, as if he already knows what's going to happen.
Of course, he's read the script ahead of time and already knows the ending. :biggrin: I can't figure out why it's such a popular show. As Dawin points out, the dialogue is horrid.

Evo
Mentor
Of course, he's read the script ahead of time and already knows the ending. :biggrin: I can't figure out why it's such a popular show. As Dawin points out, the dialogue is horrid.
Moonbear, watch this parody posted earlier, it nails House.

House compilation:

For me it's the fun of seeing how many times they almost kill the patient with a wrong diagnosis before they hit the right one. If you're expecting a serious medical drama, this isn't it. I can't really describe what it is. It's funny, it's quirky, and the predictability of how they go through the jumping to a diagnosis, it's wrong, almost kills the patient, rinse, repeat, then finally figure it out, is what makes it fun to watch. It's very tongue in cheek. Heck, I'd watch it just for all those facial expressions Hugh Laurie makes. :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why I say people in the medical profession are over paid! :biggrin:

Oh no, there is NO comparison! The scrubs guy is just a bit arrogant, and not that smart.

House is a freaking GENIUS! And is grumpy due to the constant pain he's in.
it sounds like you may want a House in your Home (at least at sometimes)

(Is there a House in the house?)

French pron.: house = jose

and home = who me, or ah-ummmmmmm

Last edited:
that finale was INTENSE.

House is great. All you nay-sayers just be jealous.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I can't stop peeking in this thread-- it's way too tempting! :grumpy:

I made a popular thread!

Is this season shorter due to the writers strike?

I think so. CSI was also shorter and they had long periods of reruns. This year was rather annoying in that sense, because just as you got into it, you had to wait two months for the next episode.

O man... CSI finale was amazing! ... CSI and House are the only two series I follow (well I never miss south park and the daily show/colbert report either). I don't really have the mental space to follow another show. Two is enough. My guilty pleasure used to be the OC. :blushing: yea. but now it's cancelled.

I know people who follow like every freaking series on TV. Where do they find the time?

Mk
I know people who follow like every freaking series on TV. Where do they find the time?
I suppose they sit down and watch television :smile:

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
For those who have been missing:
http://www.hulu.com/house [Broken]
A perfectly legal on-line source for the last 8 episodes of House. (Finale is not up yet)

You have to endure 30 seconds of commercials every ten minutes, but it's quick and tolerable.

Make sure you have all your chores/errands/homework done before starting.

Evo
Mentor
For those who have been missing:
http://www.hulu.com/house [Broken]
A perfectly legal on-line source for the last 8 episodes of House. (Finale is not up yet)

You have to endure 30 seconds of commercials every ten minutes, but it's quick and tolerable.

Make sure you have all your chores/errands/homework done before starting.
Ooooh, thanks Chi! I've missed a couple!

So you get the show real time there?

Every time she asked "what's my necklace made out of?" I was yelling the answer at him. :redface:
I just remembered, that I was thinking that too, and was also thinking that House may have 'knew' the answer and was waiting for more 'clues'--then when the mystery lady said something about the 'insect' inside----I thought House was going said something like, "OF COURSE, I knew it was a 'piece' of amber all along---OHHH--that's it--Wilson is sick and dying------he's the one that's been buggering Amber!!!"

That website is only for people in the United States. They all seem to be like that. Grrrrrrr. I hate it when that happens.

That website is only for people in the United States. They all seem to be like that. Grrrrrrr. I hate it when that happens.
Funny thing is that the netcast of behind the scenes footage from the US broadcast show "Heroes" is only viewable in the UK. It's only shown on tv in the UK aswell.

Mk
That's pretty stupid. We're all on the Internet here. You can probably easily just use a proxy and visit the site. Or change the referrer. Or view Google's cache.