Web Diagram linking All Science together

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a web or tree diagram that visually represents the links between different fields of science. The speaker expresses difficulty in finding a complex diagram and decides to create their own, starting with math and psychology. They mention the challenge of representing the concepts in 2D and the importance of starting with the fundamental concept of "one". The conversation then delves into the relationship between mathematics and physics, with the idea that the universe is trying to imitate mathematics. Finally, the conversation ends with a playful comparison of mathematics as an accounting system and the universe as a penny.
Tido611
I have looked for some ime for a nice web/tree diagram that shows the links between the different fields of science.

Physics news on Phys.org
sorry i guess i didnt know how to explain my self before, what I am looking for is a picture of unification maybe that helps...?

(edit in first post "I have looked for some time"**)

Last edited:
physics
/ \
Everything else

Last edited:
heh i dn't think there is a very complex web image out there...you get very simple ones in high school text but after gr.10,11 science the fields begin to separate and i don't think any textbook past that would illustrate what you desired...I myself have been looking for one...and decided to draw it on my own I've started wth math and psych.

NOTE in my desire to design such a web, I've come to the conclusion that you can't do it in 2D with it looking very ugly. As i have done with my math and psych one.

technically tribdog's example is wrong...it begins with math(counting) and the concept of single,entity,object otherwise known as one "1" from 1 you'd draw 2 branches [1] fundamental "solid"(not the solid definition in high school)...[2] leads to math(set/number/fx theory) which branches off to many like REAL number system(calculus), more set theory, language theory, computability etc.

back to the first branch ...if you believe there exists "fundamental incompressible solid" it leads to what we have in fields/particles...then to atoms...molecules(chemistry)...compounds...larger compounds
each also has branches for characteristics/interactions/forces etc.
"larger compounds" leads to inorganic(plastics,drugs more chemistry), organic-biomolecules(amino acids,mmm the other little worm like structures that hold the cell wall together and create gates...for the biomolecules leads to cells DNA,genes,Organisms..and the entire bio tree as one could look up in the bio text.

Mathematics is ultimate. Then there is physics, which occurs when the universe tries to imitate mathematics. After that is everything else...

:biggrin:

rachmaninoff said:
Mathematics is ultimate. Then there is physics, which occurs when the universe tries to imitate mathematics. After that is everything else...
:biggrin:

*yawn* Mathematics is just an accounting system :approve:

Pengwuino said:
*yawn* Mathematics is just an accounting system :approve:

Then the universe is a penny. :cool:

1. What is a Web Diagram linking All Science together?

A Web Diagram linking All Science together is a visual representation of how different scientific disciplines and concepts are interconnected. It shows the relationships between various fields of study and how they contribute to our understanding of the world.

2. Why is a Web Diagram linking All Science together important?

By connecting different scientific disciplines, a Web Diagram can help us see the bigger picture and understand how various fields of study work together. It can also inspire collaboration and interdisciplinary research, leading to new discoveries and innovations.

3. How is a Web Diagram linking All Science together created?

Creating a Web Diagram involves identifying key concepts and themes in different scientific fields and linking them together in a logical and meaningful way. It requires a deep understanding of each discipline and its relationships with others.

4. Can a Web Diagram linking All Science together change over time?

Yes, a Web Diagram can change over time as our understanding of science evolves and new discoveries are made. It is a dynamic representation of the ever-expanding body of scientific knowledge.

5. How can a Web Diagram linking All Science together be used in education?

A Web Diagram can be a useful tool for teaching and learning about science. It can help students see the connections between different subjects and foster a more integrated and holistic understanding of science.