Welcome to the New World of Science!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hello Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 3K views
Mentor
Messages
23,212
Reaction score
7,701
Hello all!
Welcome to the new "not explodypocalypsed" world!
Have a seat, take your coat off, and let's get down to the business of discussing SCIENCE!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm celebrating with a Jimmy Johns Italian Nightclub.
 
Seems like just yesterday it was a new millennium. Now, a new Baktun. I have half a mind to take a shower.
 
I just have half a mind. The apocalypticon caused the other half to go to Florida. I half-think so anyway.
 
jim mcnamara said:
I just have half a mind. The apocalypticon caused the other half to go to Florida. I half-think so anyway.

Half of mine is here, half of mine is there, and half of mine is everywhere!
 
I used to have vast ideas. Now they're just half-vast.
 
Jimmy Snyder said:
I used to have vast ideas. Now they're just half-vast.

Like a flag at half-mast Jimmy.
*salute*
 
phinds said:
All this apocalypse stuff has made me grumpy.

Grumpy Phinds needs a bone.

5380754640_31d187603b_b.jpg
 
jedishrfu said:
Every day is like a new day.

That's because they separate out the grunge in a centrifuge before they reuse them.
 
Nooo. You don't get it. The fact that we are still alive means that the guys back in *insert name of popular secret agency* manged to prevent the alien invasion. We should pay our respects to those who were martyred defending our planet.
 
As ends of the world (EOTW) go, and I've suffered through quite a few of them, this time promised to be one of the best. Not only was there the Mayan prediction, but also, Nibiru, the Bible, the Bible Code, Nostradamus, Gangnam Style, and the galactic alignment all came together to make an EOTW prophesy for the ages. The outcome was disappointing. Of course, you can't expect to compete with the Hale-Bopp EOTW with those suicides. But even the Harold Camping EOTWs were better.
 
mishrashubham said:
Nooo. You don't get it. The fact that we are still alive means that the guys back in *insert name of popular secret agency* manged to prevent the alien invasion. We should pay our respects to those who were martyred defending our planet.

The Adjustment Bureau