1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wevelength of sinusoidal wave generated by oscillator

1. May 28, 2009 #1
    A sinusoidal wave is traveling along a rope. The oscillator that generates the wave completes 40.0 vibrations in 30.0 s. Also, a given maximum travels 425 cm along the rope in 10.0 s. What is the wavelength?

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2009 #2
    Re: oscillator

For wavelength, you need velocity and frequency.

<< complete solution deleted by berkeman >>

I hope I did this right.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  4. May 29, 2009 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Please do not do the OP's work for him. It's okay to offer suggestions, hiints, and other tutorial advice. The the OP must do the bulk of the work.

5. May 29, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. What are the relevant equations for this type of question? There is a reason that we ask you to post the relevant equations when you start a homework/coursework question thread. You should try to use the Homework Help template that you are provided in starting the thread, instead of deleting it and showing no work in your post.

Please show us the relevant equations and show us your attempt at a solution. (See the Rules link at the top of the page for more information about how to post here)

6. May 29, 2009 #5

Oh crap, I'm new here. I'm sorry.

Edit: I'll give him hints now, so when he sees this thread, he can proceed right away.

Wavelength depends on velocity and frequency. How would you find these values with the data given?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook