Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What after software engineering?

1. Dec 19, 2009 #1
    I'll just be graduating with my IT (software) -Engineering degree.
    Instead of the complete coding work I was thinking about doing masters in some art field in relation to my degree as I love it.
    So can anyone please suggest me some field in the same category?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2009 #2
    Human Computer Interaction, which is the study of how people interact with computers. The field focuses a lot on user interfaces, so there's room for creativity.

More options include the types of courses offered at art schools:
    Digital Animation
    Digital and Media Arts
    Web design

Wanna be more specific about what you're interested in?

4. Dec 29, 2009 #3
    It's soooo 20th century. The future is Brain-computer interaction.

5. Dec 29, 2009 #4
    Well I'm more like interested in graphics designing kind of work. With more working with those tools.

Is this human/brain -computer interaction a masters course after IT-Engineering?

6. Dec 29, 2009 #5
    Is this a masters course after IT-engineering?

7. Dec 29, 2009 #6
    I'm more interested in working for and on the tools used in graphic designing work and I'm looking for a proper masters course for the same.

8. Dec 29, 2009 #7
    He was just making a joke 'cause there's a lot of research on interfacing with a computer through brain waves.

throw Digital Media/Web Design into google and see what pops up
    Computer Graphics is also offered as a masters at a few schools.
    You may have to dig around a bit, 'cause the stuff you want may be covered under a course with a seemingly unrelated name.

9. May 9, 2011 #8
    The best option would be to get a job at an IT / Software company and hone your skills in your field of studies, b) Plan for higher education (such as, MS in Computers, MBA (IT), Patent Engineering etc.) and c) Start your own business.

If you wish to know about the studies in the field of Patent Engineering and how it will benefit you, you can visit the web site GiipInfo.com and gather all IP Career related information.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook