What are some emotionally impactful and thought-provoking films?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rootX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movies
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
38 replies · 8K views


rootX said:
Thanks I have edited my list. I watched it (that deaf-mute kidnapping ending up killing the girl ... ) but forgot to add it to my movies list :(

ok cool.

BTW oldboy is by far the greatest movie in existence:wink:
 
Physics news on Phys.org


leftyguitarjo said:
ok cool.

BTW oldboy is by far the greatest movie in existence:wink:

It is ugly, disgusting, and challenging to watch!

It beat the sh*t out of me and I loved it! :biggrin:
 


rootX said:
It is ugly, disgusting, and challenging to watch!

It beat the sh*t out of me and I loved it! :biggrin:


The hammer scene... amazing.
 


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/"
 
Last edited by a moderator:


How about "Forever Young" by Mel Gibson..I think its a nice peaceful movie.

I found this new movie on IMDB...http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497465/"
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Best is the recent "Jane Eyre" adaptation on PBS. 4 hours long. Kind of gothic. Perfect for watching on a rainy day in Summer or Autumn me thinks.

I purchased the dvd at a bookstore.

Here is an excerpt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0DJFli4-A
 


ranger said:
Other cultures? Try some Bollywood movies. I recommend Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and Kal Ho Naa Ho.

This has to be the weirdest of all Bollywood films...at least to an non-desi-cultured schmoe like me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Pjo0WjBcs
 


OMG, SO BAD...CANT LOOK AWAY...help mee...please

I hope they fly into the engine of a 747...