What Are Some Entry-Level Physics Job Options in Europe?

• Thread starter kardalam
  • Start date
In summary, entry-level physics job options in Europe include positions in research, teaching, and industry. Some common roles include research assistants, laboratory technicians, and science educators. Other potential career paths include working in the energy sector, aerospace industry, or medical field. Many European countries also offer opportunities for internships and apprenticeships in physics-related fields. A strong understanding of mathematics and computer skills are highly valued in these positions. Fluency in multiple languages, particularly English, is also beneficial for those seeking employment in Europe.
kardalam
I'm Marija and I just joined the forum, looking forward to exploring more on here:) I'm originally from Macedonia, but I studied and now live and work in London. I've always had great interest in physics, especially particle and quantum physics, but I somehow drifted apart from it and now work for Cisco. Anyways, I would like to get back to it, I don't have much experience but looking to switch jobs at entry level and learn more. My dream would be CERN but unfortunately I don't come from a country that's Associate member of CERN, so looking for other options. Any suggestions in Europe are more than welcome:)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Wrichik:) I am really lost right now not knowing where to start, but I know for sure I don't want to keep doing the work I have been doing so far. I like to think that things do work out when you try hard enough and when you really want something hehe

kardalam said:
Thanks Wrichik:) I am really lost right now not knowing where to start, but I know for sure I don't want to keep doing the work I have been doing so far. I like to think that things do work out when you try hard enough and when you really want something hehe
Yes, it is true that you can't go on with something that you don't like.

If you want some advice for the path that you should follow, you can start a thread in the Academic Guidance forum that I linked above. We have Education Advisors and many other senior members who are experienced in these fields, and will surely help you out.

Great, thanks! I just did that! Hope you have a lovely day or evening, not sure where you are in the world:)

Likes Wrichik Basu