What are some recommended introductory books on quantum mechanics?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fizzicist
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Introductory Qm Text
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Fizzicist
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
I am looking for a book on QM to read over the break. I'm not sure what kind of math and science is required to learn QM, but I've only had math through linear algebra and differential equations, and I haven't studied any atomic physics yet. Also, I don't want a book that is too mathematically rigorous to read over break. I'd rather read a book that is intellectually stimulating but not too demanding. I've read that "Introducing Quantum Theory" by McEvoy isn't a bad introduction to the concepts of QM, but I wanted to know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I suggest you check out our Science Book Reviews forum (a sub-forum of Academic & Career Guidance). You should be able to find quickly some threads about QM books there.