What Are the Best Advanced Science and Engineering Series Like Bill Nye?

  • Thread starter Thread starter boka33
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Videos
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 18K views
boka33
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know of a good science/engineering series, exploring a broad range of topics.

Essentially I'm searching for Bill Nye for undergraduate/graduate students.

thanks :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
boka33 said:
Does anyone know of a good science/engineering series, exploring a broad range of topics.

Essentially I'm searching for Bill Nye for undergraduate/graduate students.

thanks :)

I don't know if this qualifies, but I have a video that your students may enjoy and learn from. It's called "Falling Bodies" and depicts Aristotle and Galileo trying to figure out why things fall. It's done in play form with a comedic twist. There is an accompanying experiment that recreates Galileo's experiment to prove that all objects fall at the same rate. PM me if you are interested. The video is free and part of an outreach program. While originally intended for middle school kids, it has seen more success at the high school and college levels.
 
boka33 said:
Does anyone know of a good science/engineering series, exploring a broad range of topics.

Essentially I'm searching for Bill Nye for undergraduate/graduate students.

thanks :)

I enjoy watching
http://web.mit.edu/physics/people/faculty/lewin_walter.html
..especially the demonstrations.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies.

I should note, to clear up confusion, I am not actually a teacher! Just an undergrad mechanical engineering student.
 
Try also my site (I'm a teacher): a collection of YouTube videos selected for their educational value. Walter Lewin lessons and demostrations are also present.

http://physics.andreadecapoa.net