Need Forum for Outlandish Science Ideas

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a science forum that deals with controversial and outlandish theories and ideas. Suggestions are made for forums like Cosmoquest and Crank.net, as well as the use of Youtube for posting animations and receiving feedback from experts. The speaker also expresses gratitude towards Physics Forums and its members for helpful responses in the past.
forex10
Hello,
Does anyone know of a science forum that deals with far out, controversial theories & ideas? This would be similar to the science fiction forum here at PF but may even be more outlandish, however postings would receive serious consideration.
I have made some simple animations that I would like to post on such a forum & receive serious feedback from electronics engineers, physics experts, or anyone with some good insight.
I would also like to thank Physics Forums- its members & staff for the helpful responses you have made to my postings over the last few years. It is appreciated.

JoeL

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
Physics news on Phys.org
forex10 said:
Does anyone know of a science forum that deals with far out, controversial theories & ideas? This would be similar to the science fiction forum here at PF but may even be more outlandish, however postings would receive serious consideration.
Those two criteria contradict each other. There are plenty of places where the first is applied though.

[late edit]
Such fora are, however, often populated with interested laypeople, who may be good enough to identify what's wrong with an "outlandish" idea.

Last edited:
Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
If you are interested in the most far out, you can find lots of unusual physics ideas at http://www.crank.net. The physics list is at http://www.crank.net/physics.html. It's not really a forum, but it might provide an appropriate link somewhere.

If you have in mind more serious, but not mainstream, ideas, then one can always post on Youtube. I think Youtube would be a natural for animation videos. Some time ago I posted here about an interesting QM animation that someone put on Youtube. Youtube obviously has a huge amount of traffic. So if I wanted to post an animation I had done, I would start there, and then link to it from other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of the "Need Forum for Outlandish Science Ideas"?

The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for scientists, researchers, and curious individuals to share and discuss unconventional and imaginative scientific ideas that may not fit into traditional research or academic settings.

2. Can anyone participate in this forum?

Yes, anyone with a passion for science and a creative mind is welcome to join and contribute to the discussions. We value diversity and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to share their unique perspectives and ideas.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines for posting on the forum?

Yes, in order to maintain a respectful and productive environment, we have a set of community guidelines that all members are expected to follow. These guidelines include being respectful towards others, providing constructive feedback, and avoiding the promotion of pseudoscience or misinformation.

4. How can I ensure my ideas are taken seriously in this forum?

We believe that all ideas, no matter how unconventional, have value and should be given a fair chance. However, in order to foster meaningful discussions, we encourage members to provide evidence or logical reasoning to support their ideas. This helps to create a more productive and engaging dialogue.

5. Are there any opportunities for collaboration or further development of ideas discussed on the forum?

Yes, this forum serves as a networking platform for individuals with similar interests and ideas. Members are encouraged to connect with each other and explore potential collaborations or avenues for further development of their ideas. However, any collaborations or partnerships formed through the forum are solely the responsibility of the individuals involved.