What Are the Best Books and Resources for Understanding Transmission Systems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Project
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
mech-eng
Messages
826
Reaction score
13
I have to do a project on transmissions,their parts and working principles,shafts used in them.I searched but can't find good textbook aiming them.I found only two books. can you give me the names of transmission books.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
mech-eng said:
I have to do a project on transmissions,their parts and working principles,shafts used in them.I searched but can't find good textbook aiming them.I found only two books. can you give me the names of transmission books.

There are lots of online resources for this. What have you found so far online?
 
What type of transmissions? Automatic with fluid clutch? Standard manual transmission, maybe with dog gears to allow shifting without using clutch. Dual clutch transmissions. No lift shift transmissions.
 
berkeman said:
There are lots of online resources for this. What have you found so far online?


I have just looked up at wikipedia and found two books.In general I have to articulate mechanisms, gears and other key elemenst used in them and their working principle. It could be automatic or manual transmissions.can you share links and book names?