What Are the Best Books for High School Students to Learn Astrophysics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
asc3nd
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Im still in high school, and although our school doesn't offer any astrophysics courses, I was hoping on reading some books to learn more.
I've read the Inflationary Universe ... any other suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Origins - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
The first three minutes - Steven Weinberg
Pale Blue Dot - Carl Sagan
Brief History of the Universe - Hawking

Also Bang!, Brian May's book, is fun.
 
Last edited:
A more "real" textbook on astrophysiscs would be "Universe" by Roger Freedman, older editions such as 5th fromm 2001 is good and cheap
 
I'll push the popular Cosmology book that I always push: The Big Bang, by Simon Singh.

By the way, I'm moving this thread to the Science Books forum.
 
cristo said:
I'll push the popular Cosmology book that I always push: The Big Bang, by Simon Singh.
I finally picked that book up (after cristo recommended it for the nth time). It's good! Well written and fun to read.
 
A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking and The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene are both good.