What are the best textbooks for self-studying medical imaging physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
harvellt
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Hoping to go into Medical Imaging in grad school. I have a coupleish years left of my undergrad in physics. My school doesn't offer any medical imaging classes was wondering if anyone teaches or has taken a course and could recommend a text for a little self study.
Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
These are two that I've used

Essential Physics of Medical Imaging by Bushberg et al (ISBN 0683301187)
Physics of Radiology by Wolbarst (ISBN 1930524226)
 
I took a medical physics course last year that contained a large amount of medical imaging material. We used an IAEA pdf (free) to supplement the professors course notes. Try to find the websites for some courses from other schools, most are not password protected and you can find slides which may make it easier to do self-directed study.

The IAEA publication is called "Radiation Oncology Physics: A Handbook for Teachers and Students" can be downloaded at: http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/Pub1196_web.pdf

Hope that helps.