What are the coefficients of friction between various surfaces and concrete?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter george ozua
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coefficients Friction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
george ozua
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello,
Does anyone know the value of the coefficients of friction between the following surfaces? (I've searched all over internet and literature but cannot find them :( )

1) Aluminium on concrete.

2) Steel on concrete.

3) Iron on concrete.

Thanks a lot!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I might be wrong but I suspect the difference between them is small compared to that due to the surface of the concrete (eg it is rough or smooth concrete will probably make more difference than is it aluminium or steel).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person