What are the difference between nanomedcines and nanopartic

• Thread starter Bablu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difference
In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between nano-medicines and nano-particles. The speaker is interested in researching on nanoparticles that show anti-tuberculosis effects and is advised to do more specific research and ask more specific questions. A link is also provided as a resource for understanding the differences between nanoparticles and nanomedicine.
Bablu
What are the difference between nano - medicines, and nano - particles

Biology news on Phys.org
Bablu said:
What are the difference between nano - medicines, and nano - particles
What research have you done on this so far? What have you found?

Likes Bablu
phinds said:
What research have you done on this so far? What have you found?
I don't have any idea about it.

Bablu said:
I don't have any idea about it
Then why are you interested in it?

phinds said:
Then why are you interested in it?

I am going to research on nanoparticles which show anti-tuberculosis affects.

Bablu said:
I am going to research on nanoparticles which show anti-tuberculosis affects.
Then I suggest you DO some research and ask more specific questions when you get further along. I know nothing about this subject but I would assume that some fairly basic reading would end up answering your question.

phinds said:
Then I suggest you DO some research and ask more specific questions when you get further along. I know nothing about this subject but I would assume that some fairly basic reading would end up answering your question.
thank you for your suggesation.

1. What are nanomedicines and nanoparticles?

Nanomedicines are medical treatments that use nanoparticles (tiny particles that are measured in nanometers) to target specific areas of the body. Nanoparticles are also used in other fields such as engineering, electronics, and energy production.

2. What are the main differences between nanomedicines and nanoparticles?

The main difference between nanomedicines and nanoparticles is their purpose. Nanomedicines are designed specifically for medical use, while nanoparticles have a wider range of applications. Nanomedicines are also carefully engineered to target specific areas of the body, while nanoparticles may have a more general purpose.

3. How are nanomedicines and nanoparticles made?

Nanomedicines are typically made by attaching a specific drug or molecule to a nanoparticle. These nanoparticles can be made from various materials such as metals, polymers, or lipids. Nanoparticles can be synthesized through various methods such as chemical synthesis, physical methods, or biological methods.

4. What are the benefits of using nanomedicines and nanoparticles?

Nanomedicines and nanoparticles offer numerous benefits such as targeted drug delivery, increased efficiency and effectiveness of treatments, and reduced side effects. They also have the potential to treat diseases that were previously difficult to target with traditional medicines.

5. Are there any potential risks or concerns associated with nanomedicines and nanoparticles?

While nanomedicines and nanoparticles have many potential benefits, there are also concerns about their safety. Some studies have shown that certain nanoparticles can have toxic effects on the body. It is important for scientists to carefully study and evaluate the potential risks and benefits of using nanomedicines and nanoparticles in medical treatments.