What Are the Effects of Plastic on Our Environment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikki2072005
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    School
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
mikki2072005
hi I have a school assighnment where I hace to ask other people questions about what I'm doing in my course right now so here it is.

I know this has nothing to do with physics or math but my question's are...

What kind of a chemical reaction happens in your house on regular basis?

What do you think the world would be like if we never invented plastic?

I hope you enjoyed the questions and have fun answering them thanks.:smile:
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Since this is more of a survey for completing your assignment rather than a request for homework help, I've moved this thread to General Discussion where it's more likely to get a wider range of responses.
 
mikki2072005 said:
What kind of a chemical reaction happens in your house on regular basis?

What do you think the world would be like if we never invented plastic?

The first:

In my house, baking, in my sisters house, burning.

The second:

Much less plasticky.
 
mikki2072005 said:
What kind of a chemical reaction happens in your house on regular basis?
Oxidation.

What do you think the world would be like if we never invented plastic?
Who knows? I don't think it would be right to just think "oh crap, half the stuff sitting in front of me is gone, what will IV bags and plastic wrap be made of? We might be much less advanced, we might have a substitute for every place plastic would be, or we might even be more advanced because we didn't put so much effort into inventing plastic!
 
[tex]C_6 H_{10} O_5 + 6O_2[/tex] => [tex]6CO_2 + 5H_2 O[/tex]

(burning wood)