What are the enlarging and reducing devices on Xerox machines?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter franz32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Machines
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
franz32
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
there is something I want to know... Some xerox machines are equipped with these special devices to produce enlarged and redced copies of a text.
WHat are these devices and how do they work?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know a big lot about xerox's but I very much doubt that they use lenses. My guess is that they work by scanning the image at a high resolution and then printing at the size you specify, very much in the same way that you would print out the pictures from your digital camera in whatever size you want. The actual magnification is done digitally.
 
Nice! :smile: Apparently they actually use lenses to magnify! I thought that doing the magnification digitally would be more practical than using lenses. I wonder if the newer ones still do the magnification the same way.