1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are the good math or physics grad schools Texas

1. Aug 24, 2014 #1
    I'm going to be applying to graduate programs this semester and would like to know which schools are good for a phd program.

I need to get into a phd program because it was the original goal that i set out to get.

I graduated with a double major in math and physics.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2014 #2

Physics_UG

Gold Member

Which do you want to do? math or physics? what specific research topics interest you?

4. Aug 24, 2014 #3
    Thanks for replying.

Well that's honestly the hardest part about my future. I got my BS degree in both fields and both of them are tugging at me from opposite ends.

I like math because I can CLEARLY see what's going on and have some deep level of understanding. However physics is science and I like science.

In my degree it was fun to do both because when math got a little dull physics spiced it up. I'm not asking for you to make my decision, but I did enjoy both.

I really liked topology in math and advanced cal was fun. For physics I really liked the Quantum class I took.

I'm actually thinking of applying to some math programs and then some physics programs. Just to see who accepts me. I have my GRE Subject scores. If you want them I'll try and find them and post them.

5. Aug 25, 2014 #4

analogdesign

Science Advisor

The best grad schools for physics in Texas are the same as the best grad schools in Texas. I would pick UT-Austin, A&M, and Rice.

6. Aug 25, 2014 #5
    Thank you. Rice and the University of Houston are close by and I plan on setting up an appointment to talk about enrolling as well as enrolling itself!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook