What Are the Hottest Research Areas for a PhD in Physics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sniffer
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 8K views
Lisa! said:
Talent? I don't think so.

So you are doubting the talent of guys like Gates,will smith,Britney! :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
First you need to be lucky, and then perhaps your talent could help you.

Well, that's a kind of dumb thing to say!
The prepared mind sooner or later finds something important and does it! :smile:
"Fortune favours brave"! :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
heman said:
So you are doubting the talent of guys like Gates,will smith,Britney! :biggrin:
No doubt!


Well, that's a kind of dumb thing to say!
The prepared mind sooner or later finds something important and does it! :smile:
"Fortune favours brave"! :biggrin:

Well that's difficult to explain. When I'm reading the biography of famous people, sometimes I think "what would be happen to this person if he would never meet Mr/s X" or "what would happen to him if he didn't go to that plce by mistake?". Sometimes I think he would get his present position anyway.
When I say 'Luck', my definition is different from what you think. I think you get whatever you really want and you're talent in that area, provided that you should try. Then I think what you need, come to your way.
 
Lisa! said:
No doubt!


Well that's difficult to explain. When I'm reading the biography of famous people, sometimes I think "what would be happen to this person if he would never meet Mr/s X" or "what would happen to him if he didn't go to that plce by mistake?". Sometimes I think he would get his present position anyway.
When I say 'Luck', my definition is different from what you think. I think you get whatever you really want and you're talent in that area, provided that you should try. Then I think what you need, come to your way.

Lisa,i didn't get exactly what you wanted to say! :confused:
What is the other definition of Luck.?
I agree with your last 2 lines,but initial ones doesn't make sense to me!
 
heman said:
Lisa,i didn't get exactly what you wanted to say! :confused:
What is the other definition of Luck.?
I agree with your last 2 lines,but initial ones doesn't make sense to me!
You know for example I read an interesting story about one of the famous physicists. He had decided to study something other than physics. I can't remmember what, but perhaps history. He went to the university to attend an interview for the registration, but he stood in a wrong place with people who wanted to study physics. And he was too shy to say I would want to study history to the interviewer. So he studied physics and he even had an important discovery in Nuclear physics. Now did you get what I meant by the first lines?
And about my definition about luck: you know it's a long story and I'm not in a mood to explain it now.
 
Lisa! said:
You know for example I read an interesting story about one of the famous physicists. He had decided to study something other than physics. I can't remmember what, but perhaps history. He went to the university to attend an interview for the registration, but he stood in a wrong place with people who wanted to study physics. And he was too shy to say I would want to study history to the interviewer. So he studied physics and he even had an important discovery in Nuclear physics. Now did you get what I meant by the first lines?
And about my definition about luck: you know it's a long story and I'm not in a mood to explain it now.

Lisa,you made a point ! :smile: