Finding experimental evidence and theorists for nuclear fusion essay

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Jia T
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


For my essay on nuclear fission and fusion, I have to discuss some experimental evidence for nuclear fusion. I also need to find info about scientist that are responsible for developing the theory behind nuclear fusion. I am having trouble find info on these aspect.

Any help like relevant search terms for google would be appreciated.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try this :

http://www.ancient-rome.info/Nuclear_fusion#

ehild
 
One could look for "fusion","discovery".

Or look up the work of Hans Bethe and Marcus Oliphant, and many others.

For fission, look for "fission","discovery", or the works of Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassman, Enrico Fermi, Leo Szilard, . . . .
 
Try http://www.iter.org/" for Inertial Confinement Fusion. These are two forms of fusion research currently being conducted.

For Fision I suppose the obvious one is the bombs... Hiroshima ect ect.

If you need any more information on Inertial Confinment Fusion feel free to pm me as I am currently programming a computer simulation for it as part of my Masters Thesis :)

Joe
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Ill try some of the search terms and links.

Astronuc said:
One could look for "fusion","discovery".

I never thought of that.