What are the saddest songs you've heard?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jac0b 740m920n
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
70 replies · 11K views
strangerep said:
He's coming to part of the world in a few months time. But... OMG! The ticket prices (for a halfway reasonable seat) are <insert expletive here>.

Or maybe it's just a long long time since I went to a live concert.

I know, it was very expensive. But I think it was worth it for me.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WannabeNewton said:
You can always go to a Taylor Swift concert with me strangerep.
Is she cheap? <insert obvious double-entendre here>

The air ticket to New York might bump up the cost, however.
 
"In loving memory" by Alter Bridge makes me really sad.
 
Well for country western sad songs, you can play them backwards and you get your dog back, your truck back, your wife back, your job back, the local bar reopens, ...

"One Less Bell"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcA3kiaQb0

and just for something different, "Love Don't Live Here Anymore", later covered by Madonna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN73JGEkCTA

and one of the bazillion versions of "And I Miss You".
A bit of trivia, the guy and the girl in the video are actually in adjacent rooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4sPkS8b62Q
 
Last edited:
strangerep said:
Is she cheap? <insert obvious double-entendre here>

The air ticket to New York might bump up the cost, however.

I'll pay. I just don't want to be the only guy there :frown:
 
A Mad World always gets me in a blue mood. It's one of those songs that just get stuck on repeat loop in one's head, for days, weeks and months. I had to really distract myself with other parts of life to shake its hold at one point. I think that is the best way to get one's mind off of bad songs or thoughts or sentiments, to simply do something else!
 
amos carine said:
A Mad World always gets me in a blue mood. It's one of those songs that just get stuck on repeat loop in one's head, for days, weeks and months. I had to really distract myself with other parts of life to shake its hold at one point. I think that is the best way to get one's mind off of bad songs or thoughts or sentiments, to simply do something else!
Yeah, that's a sad, good song.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
A couple of oldies that get to me are:

At Seventeen by Janis Ian


and Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan
 
Last edited by a moderator:
coming up on that time of year again...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dancing in the sky


It was brought to my attention by a friend who's sister recently died of lung cancer. She had had a troubled life with a lot of pain, and died too young.
 
Last edited by a moderator: