How does Voice Recognition work?

• Thread starter btb4198
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, voice-recognition works by using algorithms to analyze and compare key frequencies and magnitudes in a person's voice. This allows for the identification of individuals based on their unique vocal patterns, which are determined by their vocal tracts and speech mannerisms. This is different from speech recognition, which focuses on understanding spoken words and phrases. Despite its usefulness, finding accurate information on voice-recognition can be challenging due to the similar terms used for speech recognition. However, Wikipedia has a section dedicated to speaker recognition, which provides more detailed information on the topic.
btb4198
How does Voice-Recognition work? Not, Speech recognition but voice. Like I would know Justin Bieber's voice without seeing his face. Like if he had a new song and I did not know about it and I heard it in the car while driving, I would know that it was Justin Bieber. How does that work ? I looked it up on Google but I am getting sites about Speech recognition.

would you just use a fft and save the key frequencies and magnitudes?
and then compare it , every time a person talks ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Frustrating isn't it, the search.

Apparantly no two people have the same manner of speaking, since for one thing, their vocal tracts are different and speech mannerisms also.
Wiki has bit on it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_recognition

1. How does voice recognition work?

Voice recognition, or speech recognition, is a technology that allows a computer or device to recognize and interpret spoken words. It involves converting spoken words into digital data and then using algorithms to match those words with words in a database or code.

2. What are the components of a voice recognition system?

A voice recognition system typically consists of three main components: an audio input device, a speech recognition engine, and a software program. The audio input device, such as a microphone, captures the spoken words and sends them to the speech recognition engine. The speech recognition engine then processes the words and converts them into text. The software program then interprets the text and performs the desired action.

3. How accurate is voice recognition technology?

The accuracy of voice recognition technology varies depending on the specific system and its training data. Generally, the accuracy can range from 95% to 99%, with more advanced systems having higher accuracy rates. However, the accuracy may also be affected by external factors such as background noise, accent, and speech clarity.

4. How does voice recognition improve over time?

Voice recognition technology improves over time through a process called machine learning. This involves training the system with large amounts of data, allowing it to continually refine its algorithms and improve accuracy. As more people use the system and provide feedback, it can also learn to recognize different accents, dialects, and speech patterns.

5. What are the common applications of voice recognition technology?

Voice recognition technology has a wide range of applications, including virtual personal assistants (such as Siri and Alexa), dictation software, speech-to-text transcription, voice-controlled devices, and language translation. It is also used in industries such as healthcare, finance, and customer service to automate tasks and improve efficiency.