What are the solutions to these number theory equations?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Funky1981
Messages
21
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Solve the following equations positive integers:

(i) a!+b!+c!=d!

(ii) a!+b!=25*c!

(iii)a!=b^2


Homework Equations



For the first two one , i have no idea how to begin . But the third one I may use Bertrand's Postulate some where. Could anyone give me some ideas??
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have to find all solutions? The first one has a solution that is easy to find, and you can even prove that there are no other solutions. The second one has a solution with small numbers, too, but I'm not sure how to prove (with pen&paper) that there are no other solutions.

But the third one I may use Bertrand's Postulate some where.
That is a good idea.