What are you currently doing with your life?

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

like do you work or are you a student
i currently work in a supermarket.

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
like do you work or are you a student
i currently work in a supermarket.
And do you have any interest in physics?

Reactions: Evo
Well A.Einstein worked in a pretty boring day job supporting a young family before everything came together for him..

Evo
Mentor
Actually, his work at the patent office led to his famous work
Much of his work at the patent office related to questions about transmission of electric signals and electrical-mechanical synchronization of time, two technical problems that show up conspicuously in the thought experiments that eventually led Einstein to his radical conclusions about the nature of light and the fundamental connection between space and time.[41]:377

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein#Patent_office

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Well A.Einstein worked in a pretty boring day job supporting a young family before everything came together for him..
Are you suggesting our OP is a budding Einstein? He has made a couple of dozen posts and not a single one of them has anything to do with physics, as nearly as I can see so he seems to be here just for chit chat, which is why I asked about any interest in physics.

There's nothing wrong w/ being here just for the chit chat, it just puzzles me that someone would choose a physics forum for that when there are (as I understand it anyway) numerous forums on the internet where that is more the purpose.

Evo
Mentor
Are you suggesting our OP is a budding Einstein? He has made a couple of dozen posts and not a single one of them has anything to do with physics, as nearly as I can see so he seems to be here just for chit chat, which is why I asked about any interest in physics.
Agreed.

No, I was only meaning that having a boring day job doesn't exclude a person from having passion decication and just maybe an immense talent in some other field.

Lisa!
Gold Member
Well, maybe he wants to improve his language skills!
Anyway he asked you about your own life not Einstein"s or his:oldbiggrin:

Seriously at first glance I misread the thread title as "What are you currently doing with your wife ? "...psss I'm making a movie. :biggrin:

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No, I was only meaning that having a boring day job doesn't exclude a person from having passion decication and just maybe an immense talent in some other field.
This is very true. My job gives me no thrills, but my outside-of-work life is very nice.

phion
Gold Member
I'm a student.

Or maybe working in the supermarket is not necessarily boring.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
There's nothing wrong w/ being here just for the chit chat, it just puzzles me that someone would choose a physics forum for that when there are (as I understand it anyway) numerous forums on the internet where that is more the purpose.
One could enjoy reading the physics, but not discussing the physics.