Which textbooks are you currently working through?

• Thread starter VrhoZna
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbooks
In summary, the person is currently working through four books in a self-study capacity, including Calculus Vol 2 by Apostol, Linear Algebra by Hoffman and Kunze, Introduction to Set Theory by Karel Hrbacek and Thomas Jech, and Learning the Linux Command Line by William Shotts. They are also reading The Road to Reality by Roger Penrose and working on additional assignments given by Prof Robert Brown. They recently finished reading Kernighan and Ritchie's "The C programming language" and are planning to finish some exercises. They are also rereading Weinberg's Lectures of Quantum mechanics and comparing it to other QM books.
VrhoZna
I mean more in a self-study sense than required reading for a course. Currently I'm working through 4 books,
Calculus Vol 2 by Apostol
Linear Algebra by Hoffman and Kunze
Introduction to Set Theory by Karel Hrbacek and Thomas Jech
Learning the Linux Command Line by William Shotts (I'm an Arch newbie).

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm currently reading The Road to Reality,a complete guide to the law's of the universe by Roger Penrose.

And I'm working on work given to me by Prof Robert Brown. Found his textbooks on Google, emailed him to see if he could give me any more so he emailed me a couple of gb's of work to do. Dude is a legend.

I recently finished Kernighan and Ritchie's "The C programming language" soon I'll try and finish some if not all exercises.
It turns out the course on programming was even worse than I feared. The exercises (focused on implementing selected features of common libraries) in there really help to understand programming in my opinion.

I'm doing a reread of Weinberg's Lectures of Quantum mechanics. This is framed in a comparison between Griffiths, Basdevant and Dalibard (winner so far) and some other QM books.
In time I'll go through the problems, at first glance it seems like the ones in Basdevant and Dalibard are the most interesting.

1. What subject areas do the textbooks you are working through cover?

The textbooks I am currently working through cover a wide range of subjects, including biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering.

2. How do you choose which textbooks to work through?

I choose textbooks based on the specific research projects I am currently working on and the topics and concepts that are relevant to my field of study.

3. Can you recommend any textbooks for specific subjects?

Yes, I can recommend textbooks based on your specific area of interest and level of expertise. Feel free to reach out to me for personalized recommendations.

4. How do you keep up with constantly changing scientific information and advancements?

I regularly attend conferences, read scientific journals, and collaborate with other scientists in my field to stay updated on the latest research and advancements.

5. Do you use any online resources in addition to textbooks?

Yes, I often use online resources such as databases, scientific websites, and online lectures to supplement my textbook studies and stay current with new information.