What are you doing for Halloween?

• Thread starter FrancisZ
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covers various topics related to Halloween plans and memories. Some members will be dressing up and handing out candy, while others will be working or studying. One member's daughter wants to be a plague doctor, which is seen as a unique and original costume idea. Some members reminisce about past Halloween experiences, including dressing up as a computer nerd and going trick-or-treating as adults. The conversation also covers handing out frozen broccoli and margaritas, as well as sharing funny Halloween videos. Some members do not plan on celebrating Halloween due to not having it in their country or not having trick-or-treaters in their neighborhood. The conversation ends with a member discussing their wife's tradition of hosting interns for dinner on Halloween,
FrancisZ
My two sisters and I were thinking of going as the Mystery Gang to our local dinner. I'll have to be the Fred, but I do have the outfit basically. My older sister Erica (32) has orange hair, so she'll be Daphne. Monique (16), the youngest is not really too keen on the idea, but she would be an okay Velma. My nephew Tommy might be Scrappy (he's 4).

If it works out, we'll take pictures, and I'll post them.

Physics news on Phys.org
My daughter wants to be a plague doctor...really creepy!

[PLAIN]http://thegirlcanwrite.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/doktorschnabel_430px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:

[PLAIN]http://thegirlcanwrite.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/doktorschnabel_430px.jpg[/QUOTE]That's awesome.

I'm going to stay home and hand out frozen broccoli.

Math Is Hard said:
Ivan just pelts them with it.

Math Is Hard said:
My friends and sisters and I waded through the snow all night to collect candy. On the last stop before home, the creep with the "store" near our house gave us popsicles. He had tons of penny candy, etc, but the season for selling popsicles to the people that rented his cabins was over and he had to get rid of them. Thanks, Erwin!

I lived in California when I was a teen, and Halloween was usually a nice, warm night. I have very nice memories of being out with my friends, raising a little bit of hell.

I was one of those kids who didn't want to give up trick-or-treating, just because I was a teen! I wanted that one sweet, fun piece of childhood to go on and on.

If you guys come trick or treating I'll hand out frozen margaritas.

Math Is Hard said:

whoop! Party at MiH's place!

Math Is Hard said:
I have to help a neighbor build an addition for his daughter and granddaughters. I'll need a rain-check! Boo to you!

I'll be at work, thankfully. I'm not really into Halloween.

lisab said:
That IS really cool. Very original. I for one believe in making ones own costumes. I made a Dr. Doom once (family still haven't lent me the pictures yet). And I'd love to do a Mysterio...

mysterio-a-500.jpg

mysterio01.jpg

...that is a wicked, hard costume to put together. Where to find the fish bowl for my head.
Math Is Hard said:
That gave me a good chuckle. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:

Jersey sucks without Math.

I'll be trying to study for the week's upcoming midterms while being constantly interrupted by greedy, unappreciative brats who desire excessive amounts of junk food. I'll make some passive-aggressive jab at the failure to pick up on the complete lack of decorations and my lights being off. After a short period of awkward silence, I'll hand the little brat(s) some candy and force a smile for the parent who is standing behind them, hoping for some jovial compliment about how cute their child looks.

Removes tongue from cheek

Last edited:
I'm going to turn off all of my lights and sit there in the dark. While I'm waiting for all those little cowboys, cinderellas, hobos, and angels to leave, I'll dwell on every break-up I've ever had that's gone terribly wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqh-ohV2xrE

How come nobody ever writes a song about a break-up that went terribly well?

I'm heading to a surpise costume party, so I guess you'll have to wait and see!

Have fun, all! We don't have Halloween here, so I do not plan anything.

BobG said:
How come nobody ever writes a song about a break-up that went terribly well?
Thank G-d and Greyhound you're gone.

Eat, drink and be scary. Soon we celebrate Halloween, when ghouls, ghosts, goblins, and ballerinas come to eat your brains and your candy, but not necessarily in that order. This year I will be dressed up as a computer nerd and hand over the loot to all comers. My son will be dressed as a businessman using a briefcase as his bag.

Dembadon said:
I'll hand the little brat(s) some candy and force a smile for the parent who is standing behind them, hoping for some jovial compliment about how cute their child looks.

You should force this smile:

vlcsnap-1330146.png

I'll be working and posting on PF.

I'll be figuring out how I'm going to remove this jack o' lantern from my head.

RedbellyAvatar_Halloween2.gif

Redbelly98 said:
I'll be figuring out how I'm going to remove this jack o' lantern from my head.

RedbellyAvatar_Halloween2.gif
I have an axe. Now hold still.

My son will be hosting a daytime party, with me as the guest of horror. And by night fall, I will be home passing out..or maybe passed out, depends on how good the party is.

I have a giant bowl full of candies, pray I don't eat it all before Sunday.

We have two large containers of Gummi Eyeballs.

Don't forget, chat will be open Halloween day!

I’m going to do what I do every year. Go trick-or-treating as a full grown adult with all of my adult friends in a old school Nintendo theme. Last year was Pack-man, this year is Mario.

My wife is the "den mother" for the interns from abroad who help teach introductory foreign-language classes at our college. She used to have them here for dinner on Halloween so they could see the trick-or-treaters at our house. But she had to give that up a couple of years ago, because we don't get any trick-or-treaters any more, or only a few. Apparently the kids in our neighborhood have gotten too big for that, and we're out on the edge of town so kids from other neighborhoods don't like to hike all the way out here. :frown:

We'll probably just go out to eat somewhere, so as to leave the house dark in case someone does happen to come along.

My venue is having a fund raising show for the psycho 77s, a girl punk rock roller derby team. Punk and metal bands coming as other bands. The team is going to have a jello wrestling competition. Should be good times. I'm going as the monster from yo gabba gabba.

I will also be performing as Jello Biafra in a Dead Kennedys cover band.

dress up and take part in party.

Related to What are you doing for Halloween?

What are you doing for Halloween?

1. Are you dressing up for Halloween?

Yes, I am planning on dressing up for Halloween. I have been working on my costume for weeks now.

2. Do you have any plans for Halloween night?

I am still deciding on my plans for Halloween night. I might go to a party or stay in and watch scary movies.

3. Are you going trick-or-treating?

No, I am not planning on going trick-or-treating. I am a scientist and I am a bit too old for that now.

4. Are you doing any Halloween-themed experiments?

Yes, I have been working on a few Halloween-themed experiments in the lab. It's a fun way to incorporate the holiday into my work.

5. Do you have any favorite Halloween traditions?

My favorite Halloween tradition is carving pumpkins with my friends and family. It's a fun and creative activity that gets everyone in the Halloween spirit.