What books should I read to prepare for advanced math classes in university?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sisyphus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Proofs
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Sisyphus
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I'll be starting university in just over a month. The school I'm going to has advanced section classes that basically cover the first year math classes (Algebra and Calculus) in a more rigorous fashion than what is usually offered to first year math students. I am interested in taking part of these courses, and was wondering what kind of books I should look into to get me a head start.

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I ordered the book on Amazon (I'm in Canada so I had to buy the book for more than $4 :P) and it should be arriving shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.
 
I suggest you grab the Calculus by Michael Spivak, good book for a introduction to analysis.