What Career Paths Exist for Electronic Engineers Beyond Traditional 9-5 Jobs?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
exis
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I'm a freshman studying electronic engineering (A 3 year program in my university).

Lately I've been going through a lot of the posts here on this forum and I couldn't help myself from wondering where I could find myself in 3 years time or maybe more if I decide to go for a masters (but it's too early to start thinking of that just yet).

I have read that most engineers end up doing computer work all day, I even read "The Should-I-Become-An-Engineer?" thread but I couldn't find any answers related to my question. I don't want to end up working with a company doing the same thing over and over again for years. I think the most dynamic environment for me would be working as a researcher in the private sector maybe. But do such opportunities really exist and what's the likelihood to nail a job in such a position?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hey exis ,i don't think there is a 3-year engineering bachelors degree ,you may need to go for a masters,even though engineering jobs in general consist of dynamic environments , most research positions require a masters degree