What Causes Windows 10 DVD-Writer to Treat DVDs as Blank?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 6K views
mech-eng said:
If I stop internet connection when windows 10 is being installed, can windows still install its generic drivers? Or this works?

Thank you.
Generic drivers are part of the installation. The internet connection is irrelevant.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What are the ways to uninstall those generic drivers so that I can install better drivers. Can I unsinstall them from Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall A Program path?

Thank you.
 
mech-eng said:
What are the ways to uninstall those generic drivers so that I can install better drivers. Can I unsinstall them from Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall A Program path?

Thank you.
That I don't know. I don't know if they even show up, but I guess they should.
 
mech-eng said:
What are the ways to uninstall those generic drivers so that I can install better drivers. Can I unsinstall them from Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall A Program path?

The generic drivers installed by the operating system aren't meant to be uninstalled. They're meant to be there if no other better drivers are available. Their presence won't stop you from installing and choosing to use other drivers for your hardware.
 
rkolter said:
The generic drivers installed by the operating system aren't meant to be uninstalled. They're meant to be there if no other better drivers are available. Their presence won't stop you from installing and choosing to use other drivers for your hardware.

Do you have any idea on how to uninstall drivers? I have try to uninstall them via device manager>programs>uninstall a program path but there was only two drivers there, Synaptics Pointing Device driver and Realtek High Definition Audio drivers. So why doesn't other seem there? How I can uninstall others?

Thank you.
 
I am not going to give you directions on uninstalling drivers because (and please take no offense) - from your posts here it isn't clear that you are technically minded. You don't know what drivers you want to uninstall, you don't know why you would want to uninstall those drivers, you don't appear to have new drivers ready to install, and you don't appear to know how to install them.

This may be a wrong assumption on my part, but you sound like someone who wants to fix their own problem, but has a limited toolset. Please use the right tool for the job - in this case you need to contact the manufacturer directly or go to the HP Forums and contact their support group there. This is an issue that seems to be common with HP Systems and Windows 10 - so they very likely have a solution they already know will work.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd
phinds said:
Try typing it into Google. I did "pu-s08g dvd player" and got a bunch of hits for a Sony player

EDIT: bummer ... they all seem to be standalone players. Not what you are looking for.
Excuse me sir, but it seems you know a lot about DVD playback issues. I have a question about my camcord video output format may i ask. I have a vro file that cannot be recognized by my VLC player, so I use this VRO converter (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/vro-converter.html) to convert the vro file to mp4. After that the VRO file can be played again, but I do not know why the output contains no sound. Do you have any idea about this issue? VLC can play VOB file very well since I have checked several times. It should be similar to VOB, but why VRO cannot be recognized by VLC, it doesn't make any sense. Is there any method to directly play VRO file on my PC without using any third-party video converter?