Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What charges on my hair after comb?

1. Mar 2, 2012 #1
    After I comb my hair, does it supposed that my hair is positively charged and the wood comb is negatively charged? since the electrons went from your hair to the wood comb.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2012 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I can't really understand what you are asking. Are you asking IF there are charges transferred from your hair to your comb, or how they are transferred, or what?

4. Mar 2, 2012 #3
  5. Mar 10, 2012 #4
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRsLB6wUKEON5YRL9RD0iBTWqFzkFGrjExNCSyzpFWwjADAfQ_.jpg

Red is for + and Black is for -.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxMF9h8qAI1V_yUx2ycue_98QiS_2aqx74bfp-VzJua5AUjpZ4kw.jpg

If I place red rod into positive side of battery and place black rod into negative side of battery, it displays +9V.

I measure it using voltmeter and proved it you are wrong, after combing my hair with a wood comb,

Keep my finger touch on the red rod and let the black rod touch my hair. it displays positive value on meter.
    On the other hands, keep my finger touch on the red rod and let the black rod touch wood comb. it displays negative value on meter.

Am I right? or do I mis-interpret the voltmeter.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook