What control engineer should know

In summary, a control engineer in a robotics company should have a clear understanding of the application requirements, including functions and capabilities needed. They should then make a list of how these requirements will be satisfied, considering factors such as cost and physical constraints. Next, they should determine the best hardware platform to meet these requirements, such as Atmel AVR, Altera SOC, TI DSP, or Xilinx. The control system design should then be established and an appropriate OS and development toolset and language should be selected. It is important for the engineer to focus on the development process and not let personal preferences dictate the project execution.
iii
I search after information that can explain to me more about what a control engineer in robotics company should to know how to do in these areas:
1. Choose the right controler
2. Control methods and analysis
3. Write the code for all the robot include sensors, motors, drivers, hydraulic and pneumatics, data structure, operating system, signals, electronics circuit, communication or other
What more maybe need to know a good control engineer that work in robotics applications?
If you know about company that produce a controller and this company wrote a book \ booklet about how to wrote the code for the controller that they did so I will glad if you can wrote a link to this website also any other website that can be good for this information that I search

Physics news on Phys.org
I will try to give you a start.

First, document your application requirements. Topics should "what" the application requires. It is usually expressed as the functions expected of a system in the view of an actor outside of the system (customer, operator, maintainer). Ex: Move the robot, left/right/up/down. It could be that the robot is the one that moves things. Ex: Pick item up/put/down/divert it, etc. Describe this in abstract terms, the best way you can. Do not include any descriptions of "how" one may go about it. Leave that for a later stage of planning. This is the most important step. If you do not have a description of your requirements, you will never know when you are done.

Second, make an itemized list of "how" the requirements must be satisfied. These are the implementation requirements. For example: IR object detection needs certain sensors vs acoustic object detectors; acceleration/deceleration controls, steering controls, action actuators/effectors. This step requires some decisions regarding cost vs. capability of components and how the physical form factors may offer constraints to the overall design. For example, one cannot put a desktop or laptop computer on a tiny robot or the robot cannot be tiny because the requirements cannot be satisfied by anything smaller than a multi-core SOC controlling 150 servo motors and 300 sensors. The requirements will dictate how the details will come to light. Remember, you MUST satisfy the requirements. When your planning satisfies those goals, the second step is ready for the next step.

Third. determine, the best way you can, which hardware platform will best satisfy the implementation requirements. You may have information from the research performed during the previous phase, but eventually you will have to match hardware requirements to each product to determine the best match. For example if you need more than a simple PWM output to control a motor you may have to select an SOC with extensive logic support for virtual DA conversion capabilities. I have experience with the Atmel AVR family of small MCUs and Altera SOC products. As alternatives, the TI DSP products and Xilinx family are good products and have sound solutions to offer.

Fourth, control system design can be established that must be realized in code. One of the primary steps is to incorporate an OS or write your own. You should decide if an interrupt driven system will satisfy the implementation functionality, a periodic sampling method or a combination of both.

Last, still last and must remain last, select the software development toolset and language to use to code the application. ALL of the previous phases should cause you to focus on this. No matter how much you may love a specific language or compiler or IDE, NEVER let your desire to code a certain way using a certain tool, dictate how your project is executed.

I hope that whatever words I have written are not so confusing that you do not focus on the process of development from general to specific. I am not the most knowledgeable or most capable but I do want you to learn how to accomplish what you want.

Good luck,
fowl_bob

What control engineer should know

As a scientist, I am often asked about the essential knowledge and skills that a control engineer should possess. Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions about this topic, along with their answers:

1. What is control engineering?

Control engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design and implementation of control systems to regulate and manage the behavior of dynamic systems. It involves analyzing the behavior of systems, designing control algorithms, and implementing them in hardware or software to achieve desired performance.

2. What are the key concepts and principles of control engineering?

The key concepts and principles of control engineering include feedback control, stability, controllability, observability, system modeling and identification, and optimization. These concepts are essential for understanding and designing effective control systems for a wide range of applications.

3. What are the important skills for a control engineer?

A control engineer should have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, as well as a good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems. They should also possess programming skills, particularly in languages such as MATLAB and Simulink, and have a working knowledge of control software and hardware tools.

4. What are the common applications of control engineering?

Control engineering has a wide range of applications, including industrial process control, robotics, aerospace and defense, automotive systems, and consumer electronics. It is also used in areas such as biomedicine, energy systems, and environmental control.

5. How can one become a control engineer?

To become a control engineer, one typically needs a degree in engineering, preferably in a field related to control systems. It is also beneficial to have hands-on experience through internships or co-op programs. Continuing education and staying updated on new technologies and techniques are also crucial for a successful career in control engineering.