What degrees are available related to Physics ?

In summary: Your title says "degrees related to physics" but you use the term "courses" in your question. Please note that those who post here come from a variety of backgrounds and countries. In some places, I think these terms are equivalent. In the US, however, "course" is synonymous with "class." So are you looking for degree programs or specific classes to plan your schedule around? If you mean degree programs, why related to physics and not physics itself? Furthermore, some relevant background about you and your interests might garner more specific responses.
lindloda
Okay yes .
I am a noob.

I want to know what all courses are out there that are related to physics ...classical non classical anything related to physics that I can take up in college ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I recommend you view your prospective university's website for this information.

I obviously don't have that...
Which is why I'm here..

lindloda said:
I obviously don't have that...
Which is why I'm here..

The classes available to you are highly dependent on the university you attend. If you attend a standard 4 year university that offers a physics major, as a physics major you will probably be taking a year of introductory physics, followed by courses in modern physics, classical mechanics, mathematical methods, electricity and magnetism, quantum mechanics and thermodynamics & statistical mechanics, as well as possibly a couple electives. Again, these are the core courses - all universities will differ slightly in the details.

It's simple. Pretend the university I want to go to is Waffle University. I would then google 'waffle university physics courses' and the first links should be it.

Klungo said:
It's simple. Pretend the university I want to go to is Waffle University. I would then google 'waffle university physics courses' and the first links should be it.

This

KMcFadden said:
This

wow...
I really thought this site would be better than others.

thanks for proving me wrong.

lindloda said:
wow...
I really thought this site would be better than others.

thanks for proving me wrong.

I think you're getting the types of responses that you are because your posts come across as vague and unfocussed. Typically, focussed, original questions that aren't easily resolved by an internet search result in better quality help.

To help you focus:

Your title says "degrees related to physics" but you use the term "courses" in your question. Please note that those who post here come from a variety of backgrounds and countries. In some places, I think these terms are equivalent. In the US, however, "course" is synonymous with "class." So are you looking for degree programs or specific classes to plan your schedule around? If you mean degree programs, why related to physics and not physics itself?

Furthermore, some relevant background about you and your interests might garner more specific responses.

Good Luck.

1. What is a Bachelor's degree in Physics?

A Bachelor's degree in Physics is an undergraduate degree that typically takes 3-4 years to complete. It provides a broad foundation in the fundamental concepts and theories of physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics.

2. What is a Master's degree in Physics?

A Master's degree in Physics is a graduate degree that typically takes 2-3 years to complete. It offers a more specialized and in-depth study of a particular area of physics, such as astrophysics, particle physics, or condensed matter physics. It may also include research opportunities and a thesis project.

3. What is a Doctorate degree in Physics?

A Doctorate degree in Physics, also known as a PhD, is the highest level of education in the field of physics. It typically takes 4-6 years to complete and involves extensive research and the completion of a dissertation. It prepares individuals for careers in academia or research institutions.

4. Are there any online degrees in Physics?

Yes, there are several online degrees available in Physics, including Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD programs. These programs typically offer a flexible and self-paced learning environment, but may also require in-person labs or exams. It is important to ensure that the online program is accredited by a reputable organization.

5. What are some other degrees related to Physics?

Other degrees related to Physics include Astrophysics, Engineering Physics, Geophysics, and Applied Physics. These programs may have a specific focus or application of physics principles, such as space exploration, engineering, or the study of Earth's structure and processes. Additionally, many universities offer interdisciplinary programs that combine physics with other fields, such as physics and biology or physics and computer science.