1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What degrees are available related to Physics ?

1. Oct 9, 2012 #1
    Okay yes .
    I am a noob.

I want to know what all courses are out there that are related to physics ...classical non classical anything related to physics that I can take up in college ?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2012 #2
    I recommend you view your prospective university's website for this information.

4. Oct 10, 2012 #3
    I obviously don't have that...
    Which is why i'm here..

5. Oct 10, 2012 #4
    The classes available to you are highly dependent on the university you attend. If you attend a standard 4 year university that offers a physics major, as a physics major you will probably be taking a year of introductory physics, followed by courses in modern physics, classical mechanics, mathematical methods, electricity and magnetism, quantum mechanics and thermodynamics & statistical mechanics, as well as possibly a couple electives. Again, these are the core courses - all universities will differ slightly in the details.

6. Oct 10, 2012 #5
    It's simple. Pretend the university I want to go to is Waffle University. I would then google 'waffle university physics courses' and the first links should be it.

7. Oct 10, 2012 #6
    This

8. Oct 12, 2012 #7

wow...
    I really thought this site would be better than others.

thanks for proving me wrong.

9. Oct 12, 2012 #8
    I think you're getting the types of responses that you are because your posts come across as vague and unfocussed. Typically, focussed, original questions that aren't easily resolved by an internet search result in better quality help.

To help you focus:

Your title says "degrees related to physics" but you use the term "courses" in your question. Please note that those who post here come from a variety of backgrounds and countries. In some places, I think these terms are equivalent. In the US, however, "course" is synonymous with "class." So are you looking for degree programs or specific classes to plan your schedule around? If you mean degree programs, why related to physics and not physics itself?

Furthermore, some relevant background about you and your interests might garner more specific responses.

Good Luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook