What do you say to a man with less than two days to live?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jack21222
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 6K views
Jack21222 said:
Funeral is today, leaving in a few minutes. On one hand, I *really* don't want to go. On the other hand, I *really* don't want to miss it, and that second feeling is stronger.

My grandfather died on Wednesday, right after my mother and I stepped out to get some lunch. My uncle and his wife had left for a few minutes at the same time, so the only person there when he died was his long-term girlfriend of 35 years.

That's a good way to go in my view. You're doing the right thing, going to the funeral... it'll hurt, then it'll help.

For your grandfather... "Anima eius et animae omnium fidelium defunctorum per Dei misericordiam requiescant in pace."
 
Biology news on Phys.org
My condolences to you and to your family.
 
My condolences to you and your family, Jack.