What does fraction of G mean? (SI units)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 23K views
Kalie
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I have search my gigantic physics book everywhere for this but I can't seem to find it...does anyone know what it means

Seee the problem is
What constant acceleration, in SI units, must a car have to go from zero to 71.0 mph in 13.0 s? I solved that it was 2.44 m/s^2
but then it askes What fraction of g is this?
I have know clue what that means except it is post to be a percent...
please explain what g means
 
Physics news on Phys.org
g is acceleration due to gravity, 9.81 [itex]\frac m s[/itex]
 
Integral said:
g is acceleration due to gravity, 9.81 [itex]\frac m s[/itex]
[tex]\frac{m}{s^2}[/tex]
 
Can someone explain HOW to solve it?
I understand that g=gravity=9.81. So what now? How do it solve the fraction?
I know it is not 9.81/acceleration or acceleration/9.81...
 
Well since g * fraction = a, what does that tell you about your fraction?