What does the European standard for cookware say about lid design and force?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coffeekwok
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Newton
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
coffeekwok
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I just joined the forum and I hope that you guys could help me out.

I'm in the trading business of cookware. I'm currently studying the European standards for these items and there's a point in the standard that I don't understand at all.

It says:
The design of the lid shall be such that it shall be possible to remove it from the body using a force equal to the weight of the lid +2N in any position at a temperature of 23C +/=5C.

It may sounds stupid to you but I'm not a scentist and certainly not very good at Maths. I believe that N stands for Newton but I do not have a clue of what it means be "using a force equal to the weight of the lid +2N."

I have a meeting coming up next week and your help would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org