What does your Christmas Tree look like?

In summary, Kevin is upset that his neighbors did not kill a tree to decorate for Christmas. His tree will be lit up with ornaments made out of glass replicas of the planets from his model solar system.
Kevin_Axion
As the title states.

Attachments

• r 011.jpg
    r 011.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 518
Physics news on Phys.org
No different than last year.

This post is intended to placate Kevin and should not be construed as an endorsement of this thread.

I don't have a tree.

Is that yours Kevin? It's lovely.

I keep my trees outside. :biggrin:

Too early for tree yet. But when it is up it will be gorgeous. It is festooned with hundreds of red "berry cluster" lights which I can set for low level, making the tree just glow in a soft, deep red.

jhae2.718 said:
This post is intended to placate Kevin and should not be construed as an endorsement of this thread.

That's a really beautiful tree you have there in your picture. When are you going to light it up? Bet it will be the most beatuiful tree leaving your neighborhood. :smile:

Lacy33 said:
That's a really beautiful tree you have there in your picture.:smile:
:confused: :confused:

I haz no tree. They are all in the woods. I can't kill a tree just to drag it inside and dress it up for a pagan funeral-rite. The funny thing is that I have ~10 acres here and I could easily spare a tree or two each year, but I'm no longer holiday-observant enough to kill a tree for decoration.

I was toying with the idea of making a nerdy Christmas tree. I have a few organic chem modeling sets, glass replicas of the planets which are juuust about ornament size, and Shrinky Dinks. I think I can make a kickass tree out of this, since I failed to bring any ornaments back with the tree, haha.

MissSilvy said:
I was toying with the idea of making a nerdy Christmas tree. I have a few organic chem modeling sets, glass replicas of the planets which are juuust about ornament size, and Shrinky Dinks. I think I can make a kickass tree out of this, since I failed to bring any ornaments back with the tree, haha.

I have the entire solar system* as custom hand made ornaments. I will set it up and post it.

*solar system classic

Years ago we bought some Christmas decorations for the office. Being engineers we obviously took the most "cost effective" option available.

The best one was a big gold-colored-plastic banner that read

MERY CHIRSTMASS

Mine is this nice picture taped to the wall.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
We just put ours up.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 425
DaveC426913 said:
I have the entire solar system* as custom hand made ornaments. I will set it up and post it.

*solar system classic

Excellent! I would love to see this :)

1. How tall is your Christmas tree?

The average height of a Christmas tree is around 6-7 feet, but it can vary depending on the size of your home and personal preference.

2. What type of Christmas tree do you have?

There are many different types of Christmas trees, such as fir, pine, and spruce. The type of tree you have may depend on where you live and what is available in your area.

3. How many ornaments do you have on your Christmas tree?

The number of ornaments on a Christmas tree can vary greatly depending on the size of the tree and personal preference. Some people prefer a more minimalist look with fewer ornaments, while others enjoy a heavily decorated tree with many ornaments.

4. What color scheme do you use for your Christmas tree decorations?

The color scheme for Christmas tree decorations can vary greatly, but some popular options include traditional red and green, all white, or a combination of metallic colors such as gold and silver. It ultimately depends on personal preference and the overall aesthetic of your home.

5. Do you use real or artificial Christmas trees?

Both real and artificial Christmas trees are popular options. Real trees have a natural look and scent, but require more maintenance and have a shorter lifespan. Artificial trees are more convenient and can be reused year after year, but may not have the same authentic feel as a real tree.