What exactly is a genetic vaccine and how does it differ from a DNA vaccine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MedLine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vaccine
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
MedLine
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Is a genetic vaccine simply another word for a genetic engineering/genetic recombination? It is part of a question on my microbio. homework but we have never talked about the exact phrase "genetic vaccine" so I am a little confused as to what exactly it is referring to. Thanks for the help!

Medline
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Genetic vaccine are also called DNA vaccine.

As far as the vaccine goes, it's all clinical or in animal trials. There is no commercial vaccine available.
 
I think there's some RNA vaccines in clinical trials, it's probably why the term Genetic vaccine are now name so. I learned all about DNA vaccine as an undergrad but RNA never came up.