What experiments can I do at home to learn about magnets and electricity?

  • Thread starter Thread starter James lajoie jr
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 741 views
James lajoie jr
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Over the past few years I have grown more, and more interested in some simple physics concepts. I've begun making home made electromagnets out of copper wire, screws, bolts and 9 volt batteries. But the more i think about magnets. And electricity, the more questions i get. I hope my time on this website will help me awnser these questions. And perhaps find ways to awnser the questions myself through the proper experiments. Again i must use only house hold items.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi James lajoie jr.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif


Home experimentation can be a great learning experience!

Here's a related investigation you could try—see the final post.
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/forces-acting-on-bar-magnet-inside-a-charged-solenoid.890636/

Rechargeable NiMH cells are well-suited to powering electromagnets. ➿