Science and history trivia quiz with 15 questions

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Quiz Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
93 replies · 12K views
The only one who does work is "I" (the pronoun). :-p

It has been suggested on the first page...So i claim no credit...

Daniel.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
plover said:
SEES doesn't work... o:)

Oops ! :redface: Guess I wass seeing right !
 
Gokul43201 said:
If you relax the palindrome constraint, you only have one more solution (I think) : MOW

And if you take out the capital letter contraint, you get just one more : pod

Allowing any combination of capital and small letters gives one additional possibility : dIp

Quite strange that the seemingly important palindromic constraint was not really !

On the other hand requiring invariance under reflection about a central x-axis (rether than a 180° rotation) opens up many more new solutions : BIB, BOB, DEED, DID, SEES, BOOB, etc.
I think there must be more if you relax the palindrome and capital letter rule. you can use b/q, d/p, h/y, I/I, l/l, m/w, n/u, N/N, o/o, p/d, q/b, s/s, u/n, w/m, x/x, y/h, z/z
diN/Nip is one
 
But dIN is not the same as NIp.

'pod' is another solution, but I don't think there's many more