What field of engineering would be approproate for me

In summary: I am a student of electrical engineering (Electronics and communication 4th year, to be specific).In summary, the individual is a 4th year student of electrical engineering with a strong interest in mathematics and physics. They have found a particular interest in the fields of antenna and propagation, as well as image processing. However, they are open to exploring other fields in computer engineering and seeking advice for their graduate education. The suggestion is made that engineering science may be a good fit due to its focus on modeling engineering systems with computers, requiring skills in mathematics, statistics, and programming. It is also suggested that image processing may be a better fit for the individual's interests.
Criticalsandy
I am a student of electrical engineering (Electronics and communication 4th year,to be specific).

Ever since my childhood, I have always had great interest in Mathematics,especially about thinking how to solve a problem and why something is like this and not that.Later on in my intermediate I realized that I like Physics to the same extent.I now think that I like any subject that makes use of Mathematics,logic,reasoning and are analytic in nature.I thought engineering also has some fields that could interest me.

However,I think I'm very bad in lab or in practical aspect of engineering.
At this stage I have found that I have interest in 2 major fields of electrical engineering
1-Antenna and Propagation
2-Image processing

However,I think that I cannot deny that there are other fields in computer engineering that can interest me and even to an extent greater than that of the fields mentioned above.

I'm basically expecting your help for my graduate education.Which one of the above two suits me? or I should not only be confined to above two or there is another field that you can suggest me which you think suits me.

I want suggestion regarding what I should do?

Physics news on Phys.org
have you checked out engineering science? most of which in the uni I'm in is about modeling engineering systems with computers.
It would need lots of maths, and some stats and programming (all engineers and physicist should know how to programme anyway...)

as to choosing one of the two fields, image processing seems to suit you better by the sound of it

Thank you for the suggetion

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a field of engineering?

When deciding which field of engineering is right for you, it is important to consider your interests, skills, and career goals. Think about what subjects you enjoyed in school, what types of problems you like to solve, and what types of projects you are most interested in. You should also research the job market and potential salary for different engineering fields to ensure that your chosen field aligns with your career goals.

2. What are the different types of engineering fields?

There are many different types of engineering fields, including mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, computer, and aerospace engineering, among others. Each field focuses on a different aspect of creating and designing systems, structures, or products. It is important to research each field to determine which aligns best with your interests and goals.

3. How do I know which field of engineering is right for me?

The best way to determine which field of engineering is right for you is to explore your interests and skills, as well as research the different engineering fields. You can also talk to professionals in different fields, participate in internships or job shadowing opportunities, and take courses in various engineering disciplines to gain a better understanding of the different fields and their applications.

4. What are some common misconceptions about engineering fields?

One common misconception about engineering fields is that they are all focused on math and science. While these subjects are important in engineering, there are also other skills and qualities that are important, such as creativity, problem-solving, and communication. Another misconception is that engineering fields are all the same, when in reality, each field has its own unique applications and requirements.

5. Can I switch fields of engineering after I have started my career?

Yes, it is possible to switch fields of engineering after starting your career, although it may require additional education or training. Many engineering skills and principles are transferable across different fields, so it is possible to make a transition with some effort and dedication. However, it is important to carefully consider your options and consult with professionals in the field you are interested in switching to before making a decision.