What gears to use to reduce fan speed from fast moving motor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Zaen
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hey, I am building a fan, but I need the fan blade to move relatively slow, slow enough to see each panel on the blade. I am expecting to use a gear system with a belt. What gears should I use to active this?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.
First we need some actual numbers.
What fan RPM do you require ?
How long are the fan blades ?

What is the RPM of the motor ?
Is the motor an AC induction motor ?
 
Slow enough to see each panel of a blade is a very unusual spec. Why have you assumed your blade will be made of multiple panels rather than single pieces? And why do you need to see each one?