What gizmos do you have in your garage

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 2K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
Do you have a mega watt laser or a similar high wattage gizmo or some thing equally cool, if you do can you post a picture of it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If I had a garage I would fill it with so many things... In my bedroom I have a PLC trainer I am building from scratch that is half completed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: wolram
Cool (to me...) gadgets in my garage:
  • 180 A. MIG welder
  • 9" metal lathe
  • Bench drill press
  • Three motorcycles -- all Harleys of vintages 1948, 1984, and 2000 (and a 1946 Harley in my outside shop)
  • 6500W. generator for when the power goes out (pretty often where I live)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: wolram
Makes it easy to do a clutch change

TP9KAC__87122.1397496721.1280.1280.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: wolram
It makes working on cars much easier 2milehi, i am jealous.:))
 
Instead of a garage, we have a detached carport with an enclosed storage room at the rear. Nothing exciting in there: two bicycles, some garden tools and spiderwebs.
 
jtbell said:
Instead of a garage, we have a detached carport with an enclosed storage room at the rear. Nothing exciting in there: two bicycles, some garden tools and spiderwebs.
Which spiders?
 
fresh_42 said:
Which spiders?
Blessed if I know, I'm no biologist. :-p I hardly ever see them, anyway, just the webs. Actually, I don't even usually see them before I run into them. ?:)
 
jtbell said:
Blessed if I know, I'm no biologist. :-p I hardly ever see them, anyway, just the webs. Actually, I don't even usually see them before I run into them. ?:)
Sorry, I was late looking up SC. If it were Australia it might have been interesting to know before running into them :confused:
 
42'x22'.. Metal lathe, 1 stick and 1 MIG welder (WANT a TIG and Plasma cutter)... drill press... Looking for a milling machine... Oilseed press, woodworking tools, big wood stove.. a dozen chain saws in various states of repair, 4 dirt bikes (2x 1984 XR 500, 1997 XR400, 1987 XR100), Some Cummins internals.. a front end for my buddy's truck we'll probably install tonight... A 1964 NTSC vectorscope (trying to find a way to make it useful)...
Sound system is my computer (12TB storage) through a Marantz 2275 amp, 4x10" speakers... The sound of that amp is WONDERFUL.. and it blows the doors off any modern unit with even double the power ratings.

Spiders? yeah, I got them too here... The one family of spiders I don't mind are the Salticidae.. they're pretty cool!
 
Rx7man said:
42'x22'.. Metal lathe, 1 stick and 1 MIG welder (WANT a TIG and Plasma cutter)... drill press... Looking for a milling machine... Oilseed press, woodworking tools, big wood stove.. a dozen chain saws in various states of repair, 4 dirt bikes (2x 1984 XR 500, 1997 XR400, 1987 XR100), Some Cummins internals.. a front end for my buddy's truck we'll probably install tonight... A 1964 NTSC vectorscope (trying to find a way to make it useful)...
Sound system is my computer (12TB storage) through a Marantz 2275 amp, 4x10" speakers... The sound of that amp is WONDERFUL.. and it blows the doors off any modern unit with even double the power ratings.

Spiders? yeah, I got them too here... The one family of spiders I don't mind are the Salticidae.. they're pretty cool!
And I first read you have a MiG in your garage.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Mondayman
Boolean Boogey said:
If I had a garage I would fill it with so many things...

My garage IS full of so many things that there is no room for the car in it