1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What grad schools are within my reach?

1. Mar 21, 2009 #1
    Sorry in advance, because I realize this is an incredibly broad question.

I'm studying Chemical Engineering in the U.S(ohio) and I really would love to further my studies somewhere. I will most likely graduate with my B.S in ChemE with about a 3.5/4.0 GPA. I know there are a LOT of other variables that go into this, but because I'm not sure what specifically I want to study(I just know it will deal with ChemE) it would be cool if anyone could give me a list of college that MAY be within my reach.

I'll probably do decent on my GRE's (no 99 percentile, but not 5 either) and I go to a relatively unknown university. Essentially what I'm saying is I will be a very average grad school applicant. I would love to be somewhere in a warm climate such as Cali,Florida, or the Carolinas(read: GET ME THE F OUT OF CLEVELAND).

Just listing some schools would be awesome. Any more info on any of the respective programs would just be amazing. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2010 #2
    I realize this question is a bit outdated but incase anyone else looks at it...

btw I rather liked the location joke,

From what I have found a 3.3 is a decent score for grad apps, though common, the school of origin doesn't have as much effect as scores,

There are many ChemE grad schools so the options are out there
    general info but hopefully it well help someone

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook