What grad schools can I get into with a 3.0 GPA as a physics major?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Dazedandconfu
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I'm a 2nd year physics major, with a minor in math, i have a GPA around 3, (4 point system), and i will probably graduate by next year, i was wondering what grad schools i would have a shot at?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


You'll be able to find somewhere to go I'm sure, but if you are graduating in three years with a 3.0 GPA it's going to look like you rushed yourself. That's what it looks like to me, anyway.
 


I attended an unranked (100+ ranking in physics) grad program. The average GPA of incoming students is 3.5 - 3.7. It's a small program with some good professors but not a top reputation, and still only takes about 15% of applicants. A GPA of 3.0 isn't going to help you much at all; it's the minimum requirement, and they can ask for a lot more.