What grad school majors would work for ChemE undergrad major

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
shawn fisher
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am currently high school Junior (soon to be senior) who plans to major in Chemical engineering. I know I want to go into research but I do not know what I want to specialize in. I plan to major in chemical engineering because it gives a good knowledge base for chemistry and physics both of which I enjoy. I am wondering what my viable options for graduate majors would be after obtaining my undergraduate degree.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
shawn fisher said:
I am currently high school Junior (soon to be senior) who plans to major in Chemical engineering. I know I want to go into research but I do not know what I want to specialize in. I plan to major in chemical engineering because it gives a good knowledge base for chemistry and physics both of which I enjoy. I am wondering what my viable options for graduate majors would be after obtaining my undergraduate degree.
It's too early to decide what type of graduate research you might do, since you haven't even been exposed to the wide range of possibilities available. You will learn about these in your Chemical Engineering courses. Just be patient. If you do research in any of the areas, you will find the area engaging and fascinating (in my judgment).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Zionic