What happen if I exceed my warning count?

  • Thread starter Benjamin_harsh
  • Start date
In summary, if you have 5 active warnings and 1 warning has expired, your account will be temporarily banned for 10 days.
  • #1
I already received 4 warnings out of 5. What happen if I exceed my warning count?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
Benjamin_harsh said:
I already received 4 warnings out of 5. What happen if I exceed my warning count?
You have 5 total warnings, 1 has expired, 4 are active. When a warning is inactive they don't count to your point total.
 
  • #3
Greg Bernhardt said:
You have 5 total warnings, 1 has expired, 4 are active. When a warning is inactive they don't count to your point total.
what would happen to my account if all 5 warnings are in active stage?
 
  • #4
Benjamin_harsh said:
what would happen to my account if all 5 warnings are in active stage?
Possibly nothing. You could have 5,7,8 active warnings if they are low enough points.
 
  • #5
Benjamin_harsh said:
what would happen to my account if all 5 warnings are in active stage?
It depends on the total points of active warnings, not number of warnings. 8 infraction points will temporarily ban you for 10 days, while 10 total infraction points will permanently ban you.
 
  • Like
Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
  • #6
Wrichik Basu said:
It dep...an you.
So how can I view my infraction points?
 
  • #7
Benjamin_harsh said:
So how can I view my infraction points?
In your profile, there is a tab "Warnings". At the end, you will find the "Warning points". Inactive warnings are ghosted.
 
  • #8
Wrichik Basu said:
In your profile, there is a tab "Warnings". At the end, you will find the "Warning points". Inactive warnings are ghosted.

Sorry I am asking about infraction points not inactive warnings.
 
  • #9
Benjamin_harsh said:
Sorry I am asking about infraction points not inactive warnings.
Warnings carry infraction points. In your profile page, under the Warnings tab, you will find all the infractions given to you. At the end, you'll find the total points (calculated out of the currently active warnings).
 
  • Like
Likes Benjamin_harsh
  • #10
Wrichik Basu said:
It depends on the total points of active warnings, not number of warnings. 8 infraction points will temporarily ban you for 10 days, while 10 total infraction points will permanently ban you.
This might be a good time to mention that we really really do not like banning people. Aside from blatant spam and serious crackpottery (no, George Soros is not paying us to conceal evidence that NASA faked the moon landings), it takes a pattern of repeatedly ignoring the rules and repeated wanings to get yourself banned. If you receive a warning and don't understand why or how you can avoid warnings of that sort in the future, try asking any of the mentors politely.

We do operate under social norms that are a good bit more civilized and demanding than you'll find in many anonymous internet forums, but the point accumulation/expiration and eight-point temp ban are intended to give people every opportunity to learn these norms and how to get the most from the forum.
 
  • Like
Likes anorlunda, Wrichik Basu, berkeman and 3 others
  • #11
What happen if I exceed my warning count?

Nothing.
Ever again.
 
  • Like
Likes lewando

Suggested for: What happen if I exceed my warning count?

Replies
15
Views
1K
Replies
7
Views
1K
Replies
3
Views
723
Replies
5
Views
718
Replies
46
Views
2K
Replies
11
Views
1K
Back
Top