What happen if I exceed my warning count?

Benjamin_harsh
I already received 4 warnings out of 5. What happen if I exceed my warning count?

Answers and Replies

I already received 4 warnings out of 5. What happen if I exceed my warning count?
You have 5 total warnings, 1 has expired, 4 are active. When a warning is inactive they don't count to your point total.

Benjamin_harsh
You have 5 total warnings, 1 has expired, 4 are active. When a warning is inactive they don't count to your point total.
what would happen to my account if all 5 warnings are in active stage?

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
what would happen to my account if all 5 warnings are in active stage?
It depends on the total points of active warnings, not number of warnings. 8 infraction points will temporarily ban you for 10 days, while 10 total infraction points will permanently ban you.

Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Benjamin_harsh
Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
So how can I view my infraction points?
In your profile, there is a tab "Warnings". At the end, you will find the "Warning points". Inactive warnings are ghosted.

Benjamin_harsh
In your profile, there is a tab "Warnings". At the end, you will find the "Warning points". Inactive warnings are ghosted.

Sorry I am asking about infraction points not inactive warnings.

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
Sorry I am asking about infraction points not inactive warnings.
Warnings carry infraction points. In your profile page, under the Warnings tab, you will find all the infractions given to you. At the end, you'll find the total points (calculated out of the currently active warnings).

Likes Benjamin_harsh
Nugatory
Mentor
It depends on the total points of active warnings, not number of warnings. 8 infraction points will temporarily ban you for 10 days, while 10 total infraction points will permanently ban you.
This might be a good time to mention that we really really do not like banning people. Aside from blatant spam and serious crackpottery (no, George Soros is not paying us to conceal evidence that NASA faked the moon landings), it takes a pattern of repeatedly ignoring the rules and repeated wanings to get yourself banned. If you receive a warning and don't understand why or how you can avoid warnings of that sort in the future, try asking any of the mentors politely.

We do operate under social norms that are a good bit more civilized and demanding than you'll find in many anonymous internet forums, but the point accumulation/expiration and eight-point temp ban are intended to give people every opportunity to learn these norms and how to get the most from the forum.

Likes anorlunda, Wrichik Basu, berkeman and 3 others
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
What happen if I exceed my warning count?

Nothing.
Ever again.

Suggested for: What happen if I exceed my warning count?

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views