What happen if I exceed my warning count?

• Thread starter Benjamin_harsh
  • Start date
In summary, if you have 5 active warnings and 1 warning has expired, your account will be temporarily banned for 10 days.
Benjamin_harsh
I already received 4 warnings out of 5. What happen if I exceed my warning count?

Physics news on Phys.org
Benjamin_harsh said:
I already received 4 warnings out of 5. What happen if I exceed my warning count?
You have 5 total warnings, 1 has expired, 4 are active. When a warning is inactive they don't count to your point total.

Greg Bernhardt said:
You have 5 total warnings, 1 has expired, 4 are active. When a warning is inactive they don't count to your point total.
what would happen to my account if all 5 warnings are in active stage?

Benjamin_harsh said:
Possibly nothing. You could have 5,7,8 active warnings if they are low enough points.

Benjamin_harsh said:
It depends on the total points of active warnings, not number of warnings. 8 infraction points will temporarily ban you for 10 days, while 10 total infraction points will permanently ban you.

Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Wrichik Basu said:
It dep...an you.
So how can I view my infraction points?

Benjamin_harsh said:
So how can I view my infraction points?
In your profile, there is a tab "Warnings". At the end, you will find the "Warning points". Inactive warnings are ghosted.

Wrichik Basu said:
In your profile, there is a tab "Warnings". At the end, you will find the "Warning points". Inactive warnings are ghosted.

Sorry I am asking about infraction points not inactive warnings.

Benjamin_harsh said:
Sorry I am asking about infraction points not inactive warnings.
Warnings carry infraction points. In your profile page, under the Warnings tab, you will find all the infractions given to you. At the end, you'll find the total points (calculated out of the currently active warnings).

Likes Benjamin_harsh
Wrichik Basu said:
It depends on the total points of active warnings, not number of warnings. 8 infraction points will temporarily ban you for 10 days, while 10 total infraction points will permanently ban you.
This might be a good time to mention that we really really do not like banning people. Aside from blatant spam and serious crackpottery (no, George Soros is not paying us to conceal evidence that NASA faked the moon landings), it takes a pattern of repeatedly ignoring the rules and repeated wanings to get yourself banned. If you receive a warning and don't understand why or how you can avoid warnings of that sort in the future, try asking any of the mentors politely.

We do operate under social norms that are a good bit more civilized and demanding than you'll find in many anonymous internet forums, but the point accumulation/expiration and eight-point temp ban are intended to give people every opportunity to learn these norms and how to get the most from the forum.

Likes anorlunda, Wrichik Basu, berkeman and 3 others
What happen if I exceed my warning count?

Nothing.
Ever again.

Likes lewando

1. What is a warning count?

A warning count is a numerical value that indicates the number of warnings a person has received for violating a particular rule or policy.

2. What happens if I exceed my warning count?

If you exceed your warning count, you may face consequences such as disciplinary action, loss of privileges, or termination of employment, depending on the severity of the violation and the policies of your organization.

3. How is the warning count determined?

The warning count is typically determined by a system or supervisor who tracks and records any warnings given to an individual. It may also be based on a set of predetermined rules or guidelines.

4. Can I appeal my warning count?

In most cases, you can appeal your warning count by providing evidence or an explanation for the violation. However, the decision to grant an appeal ultimately depends on the policies of your organization.

5. Does my warning count reset after a certain period of time?

This depends on the policies of your organization. Some may have a system where warning counts reset after a certain period of time, while others may have a system where they are kept on record permanently.