What happened to the PF App?

• Bug
  • Thread starter rede96
  • Start date
In summary, the PF app for iPhone had been working without issues but suddenly stopped working. Attempts to re-download it were unsuccessful as it was no longer authorized for the user's country. The app had been disabled and the users were informed to use a mobile browser instead. The reason for disabling the app was due to compatibility issues with the site's features. Tapatalk, another mobile forum app, was also abandoned.
rede96
I have an iPhone and was using the PF App with no issues for a while. However it stopped working now. When I click on a thread it just says there is an error contact PF.

I deleted the App and tried to re-download it but now it says that it’s not authorised for my country.

Anyone help?

Physics news on Phys.org
We have disabled it for good. A few announcements had been sent out. Please use the a mobile browser to use PF on the go. Thanks!

Ah ok. No problem.

Just out of curiosity why did you disable it?

rede96 said:
Just out of curiosity why did you disable it?
Was no longer compatible with the features of this site.

Ok, thanks.

I really like the new software in my browser. The PF app never worked very well on my phone. Good move, Greg! :smile:

• Love
Likes Wrichik Basu and Greg Bernhardt
To paraphrase Dr. McCoy: “It’s dead, Jim.”

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Is the mobile forum app Tapatalk being abandoned as well? Since about a week, I can't access Physics Forums via Tapatalk anymore.

spareine said:
Is the mobile forum app Tapatalk being abandoned as well? Since about a week, I can't access Physics Forums via Tapatalk anymore.
Yes it is dead and gone

jtbell said:
To paraphrase Dr. McCoy: “It’s dead, Jim.”
Mouse CPR.png

Likes berkeman
Greg Bernhardt said:
We have disabled it for good. A few announcements had been sent out. Please use the a mobile browser to use PF on the go. Thanks!
Ah, this explains a lot. I guess that I should uninstall it.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. What caused the PF App to stop working?

The PF App stopped working due to a software bug that caused it to crash. This bug has since been identified and fixed by our team of developers.

2. Will there be any updates or improvements to the PF App in the future?

Yes, our team is constantly working on improving the PF App and adding new features. We strive to provide the best user experience and will continue to release updates and improvements in the future.

3. Is my data still safe and secure on the PF App?

Yes, your data is still safe and secure. Our team takes data security very seriously and we have implemented measures to ensure the safety of your personal information.

4. When can we expect the PF App to be back up and running?

The PF App is now back up and running. If you are still experiencing issues, please make sure to update to the latest version of the app and try again.

5. Will there be any compensation for the inconvenience caused by the PF App's downtime?

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the PF App's downtime. At this time, we are not offering any compensation, but we appreciate your understanding and support as we work to improve the app.