What happened to the pictures on google earth?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 14K views
Physics is Phun
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Ever since I updated the last edition of google Earth (which must have been a while ago now that I think of it) all those nice pictures that people have taken of places and put on panoramio that tag a location on the maps in google Earth aren't there anymore.

I turn on all the different layers and all I get is a bunch of junk info but no pictures!
anyone know where this feature went?? I'm using v4.7

that was my favourite feature of google Earth that you could go to a place and look at people's photos of it!
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Working on my 4.1.7087.5048 (beta) on windows.
Select Geographic web

edit - still works on latest 4.3.7284.3916 (beta)
 
Last edited:
heh, that seems to have done it! although I swear I already did that...

thanks mgb!
 
I'm exploring the 'Street View' images of Google earth, is there a way to go to the next picture when inside the street view? Right now I need to exit the photo before I can click the next view :frown: It's a pretty cool feature though, now I can visit some old places in the US :smile: (Amsterdam street views might become available soon)
 
Talking about problems with google earth, is there any way to prevent the aggravating transition from looking down to oblique when zooming in? Most annoying.
 
Monique said:
I'm exploring the 'Street View' images of Google earth, is there a way to go to the next picture when inside the street view? Right now I need to exit the photo before I can click the next view :frown: It's a pretty cool feature though, now I can visit some old places in the US :smile: (Amsterdam street views might become available soon)

The arrows should be on the screen and you just click on them. So, technically you're walking around the city.
 
JasonRox said:
The arrows should be on the screen and you just click on them. So, technically you're walking around the city.
Just clicking didn't work, I tried every key-click combination, which also didn't yield any result, then I tried double-clicking and that did the trick (so it's actually working now).